5 Steps for Filing a Medical Malpractice Claim in Ohio January 27, 2012.
If you decide to file a medical malpractice claim against your doctor or healthcare provider you should seek the assistance of a malpractice attorney in Cleveland who has dealt with these types of medical malpractice past cases.
There are 5 steps to filing a medical malpractice claim.
- Find a medical malpractice attorney. Find a lawyer who is experienced and trustworthy, someone you feel comfortable with and has handled several medical malpractice past cases.
- Establish the legal elements. Together with your Ohio attorney you will gather the evidence to support your claim.
- Hire an expert witness. You will need to contact an independent doctor who will certify that your injury was caused by medical negligence.
- File the suit. You and your malpractice attorney in Cleveland will file the proper paperwork and notify all the parties involved in the case.
- Settlement negotiation or court. Some medical malpractice cases are settled out of court but you should still have a medical malpractice attorney on your side whether you settle or decide to go to court.
After all of these steps your medical malpractice case will be resolved. You should be patient, even with the help of an Ohio attorney. Medical malpractice cases can take a long time to settle. Concentrate on getting better and let a medical malpractice attorney do the hard work for you.
Help From a Malpractice Attorney in Cleveland
Do you have questions about Ohio medical malpractice past cases? To schedule a free consultation or learn more about your rights, contact the Cleveland medical malpractice lawyer team at Mellino Law Firm LLC at (440) 333-3800!