Can I File a Personal Injury Claim for Day Spa Injuries or Disfigurement? December 20, 2012.
If you suffer a serious, disfiguring, or disabling injury at a day spa, medical spa, or beauty salon, that business may be held liable in a personal injury claim. For instance, although the injectable treatment Botox is generally considered safe when used appropriately, there have been reports of counterfeit products making their way into medical spas. In such an instance, the injured party may be able to file a claim.
Examples of Day Spa Negligence
A day spa can be held accountable for an injury if:
- it performs the wrong treatment or performs that treatment improperly;
- uses the wrong equipment, tools, or other materials;
- fails to clean/sanitize tools, equipment, or the environment; or
- neglects to train its employees.
Spa negligence can lead to:
- skin and blood infections;
- severe chemical burns;
- permanent scarring; and
If you suffered injuries at a spa or salon while undergoing skin treatments, such as Botox, contact our Cleveland office with any questions you may have or call us at (440) 333-3800.
Tips to Help Prevent Injury at a Day Spa
Some tips for selecting the right spa and preventing injuries include:
- Make sure there is on-site medical care.
- Ask for credentials and references. Inquire about the spa’s certification and licensing, and look into the training of its staff members. Additionally, ask for references and past clients who can vouch for its services. Don’t rely on online reviews because these are easily faked by employees and friends of employees.
- Don’t make a decision based on price. Be wary of any salon that offers you a hefty discount or one that charges way below the price of other providers. This could be a red flag that indicates sub-par services.