Choosing an Ohio Medical Malpractice Lawyer for a Vaccine Injury Claim May 21, 2012.
If you, your child, or someone else that you love has been injured by a vaccination, your family may be eligible for funds from the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program.
Because filing for vaccine injury compensation is so dramatically different from filing a standard medical malpractice or personal injury claim, it’s important that you have an attorney in your corner who understands how to file a vaccine petition with the U.S. Federal Court of Claims.
When seeking an attorney, look for the following attributes:
- experience with the U.S. Federal Court of Claims;
- admission to, and good standing with, the state bar association;
- a long record of successful vaccine injury petitions;
- proactive communication skills;
- a strong community reputation; and
- the ability to answer your questions about your claim and the process.
Be sure to compile a list of Ohio attorneys and prepare your questions before meeting with any of them. After you’ve met with each one, make your selection based on who has the strongest record and is most likely to effectively handle your case.