Medical Malpractice Claims for Disfigurement in Cleveland, Ohio September 25, 2013.
Disfigurement can be devastating, particularly when a trained medical professional caused it. Filing a medical malpractice claim may recover damages to pay for:
- reconstructive surgery, such as skin or bone grafts;
- hair transplants;
- antibiotics and other medication to treat infection; and
- plastic surgery.
Treatment for psychological effects of disfigurement may include:
- antidepressants and anti-anxiety medications;
- individual and group therapy sessions;
- therapy that teaches self-coping mechanisms such as stress relief, meditation, and breathing exercises;
- cognitive behavioral therapy; and
If you have questions about disfigurement, a potential claim, or Ohio’s statute of limitations, attorney Chris Mellino welcomes you to contact our Cleveland office. You may also download or request Chris’ free, easy-to-read guide on how to file a claim.