Christopher M. Mellino.
For over three decades, Christopher has been representing clients in a variety of legal cases, including medical malpractice, truck accidents, wrongful death, defective products, birth injuries, and brain injuries. During his time at Kampinski & Mellino, the Cleveland Plain Dealer noted that he and his firm "set the standard for large medical malpractice payouts in Ohio."
Landmark case results. Christopher has been involved in several notable cases and has achieved successful outcomes, obtaining settlements and verdicts, against all hospitals in the Cleveland area, including settlements of $12.5 million and $28.7 million for clients who suffered medical injuries. He has also played a key role in landmark cases, such as Moskovitz v. Mt. Sinai Medical Center (1994) and Watkins v. Cleveland Clinic Foundation (1998).
A member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Chris has established a formidable network of experts to consult on cases. Committed to the highest standard of excellence, his peers have recognized him in Best Lawyers and Super Lawyers® since 2009. Since 1999, peers have also bestowed Martindale-Hubbell’s® prestigious Preeminent AV® rating, which is based on legal knowledge, analytical capabilities, judgment, communication ability, and experience. He is the author of the book Was It A Mistake, an in-depth guide to medical malpractice in Ohio. He previously served as chair of the medical malpractice section of the Ohio Association for Justice and has served on the board of the Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys and was co-editor of CATA News.
Awards & Recognitions
- Highest Possible Peer Review Rating (AV) for Legal Ability and Ethical Standards by Martindale Hubbell since 1999
- Recognized as a Best Lawyer by US News and World Report 2009-2021
- Super Lawyer 2009-present
- Member of Million Dollar Advocates Society
- Member of Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Society
- Recognized as Top 100 Litigation Lawyers by American Society of Legal Advocates
- Member of the National Trial Lawyers Association Top 100
- Accepted into International Society of Primerus Law Firms
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio, 1984, J.D., cum laude
- Cleveland State University, OH, 1981, B.A.
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys
- Ohio Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
What our clients say. I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate ALL you and your law firm did for me. As I look back over these past 3 years and review them, I am so grateful that a past client had recommended you.Milt M.
What our clients say. Chris Mellino and his associates did a fantastic job handling my personal injury case. Mr. Mellino and his staff are very responsive, have a wealth of knowledge, exceptional analytical capabilities, and excellent communications skills. It is a genuine pleasure for me to recommend this law firm to anyone who is seeking legal help.Briggette S.
What our clients say. Mellino Law has been helping people deal with medical malpractice cases in the area for years. They approach cases with compassion and the client's best interest at heart.Amy D.